Data privacy lawyers
Data privacy advice
Data privacy affects all businesses. The purpose of data privacy advice is firstly to create or review the legally required documentation, such as:
- Data privacy policies for clients, employees and websites
- Lists of processing activities
- Lists of Technical and Organisational Measures (TOMs)
- Lists of external service providers and order processors
- Review and, if necessary, creation of contracts for the processing of personal data on behalf
- Work instructions and declarations of obligations in accordance with data protection law for employees, where required
- Declarations of consent for specific processing situations involving employees and third parties
- Any necessary data privacy impact assessments
Another objective of our advice is to establish a functioning data privacy management system which ensures compliance with the data privacy regulations.
Appointment of external data protection officers
Many companies are legally obligated to appoint a data protection officer. Appointing an external data protection officer gives you a range of benefits.
- Firstly, it is no longer necessary to pass on the required knowledge to train a member of staff. Our professionals have certificates from TÜV Nord (TÜV Nord certified data protection officer, TÜV Nord certified data privacy auditor).
- Employees who have been appointed as data protection officers also have special exemption from termination, similar to that of a works council. In accordance with the contractual agreement, the appointment of an external data protection officer can be terminated with a certain notice period.
- The ultimate advantage is that in the event of advisory mistakes, the data protection officer will be responsible for advisory mistakes with a professional liability insurance policy.
As responsible parties, companies and businesspeople have to ensure that the data privacy regulations are complied with in their businesses. Otherwise, they face the threat of considerable fines of up to €20,000,000.00 or 4% of their global group revenue.